Weather data interpolation

Dear all,

I am working out a cooling load calculation for a building using TRNSYS 15 with IISiBat 3. I have prepared a weather data file in the TRNSYS TMY format. While I used the TYPE89a-2 to read the weather data, I found that the weather data replicated by the reader deviate from that in the data file. For instance, there is a -1.15 to 2.4 deg.C of deviation in outdoor temperature ranging from 7.8 to 33.7 deg.C. I would like to know the reasons for this. At the same time, I notice that the calculation can be carried out with a timestep of less than one hour, say, 1/3 hour. I would also like to know how to interpolate the weather data within the reader in general.

Best regards

YU Fu Wing

Research Student

Department of Building Service Engineering

The Hong Kong Polytechnic University

Hong Kong

e-mail:00901490r@polyu.edu.hk