Surface Azimuth Angle

Dear TRNSYS Users,

I have some doubt regarding the surface azimuth angle to be used when simulating for negative latitudes (southern hemisphere). Suppose I want to simulate a collector facing the equator in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. According to the angle convention in “Solar Engineering of Thermal Processes” I should use a surface azimuth angle of 180°, right? I’m asking because the reference manual doesn’t treat this matter explicitly, referring to surfaces facing the equator having a “zero” azimuth angle. This might cause some misinterpretation.

Best regards,
Juan Pablo de L. C. Salazar