Re: Direct solar radiation Type 56

The way I understand transmission through internal windows in Type 56, it is possible to have some direct solar radiation transmitted through several internal windows.
However, your building (or whatever you want to simulate with Type 56) must be very special if that happens in reality. Assuming Type 56 really allows you to transmit direct radiation through 5 successive windows, I am not sure the results would be meaningful. You may need to use a different model (i.e. to write one yourself) to model the radiative exchanges more accurately. In any case I would run some simple steady-state cases and check the results.

Regards,

Michaël Kummert

sim@energiebuero-berlin.de wrote:

Thank you Michaël,
but does Geosurf also work if I have 5 zones after each other, not only two like a double fassade? Is it possible to let direct solar radiation from outside pass trough first, second, third and fourth zone and being absorbed on a surface in the fifth zone?
By Christian