Re:

Sarah,

> I created a new type and when I try to run trnsys in trnshell, it brings

up an error message
“did not find TRNLIB.DLL”
The first thing to check is that you installed TRNSYS correctly into X:\Trnsys15 where X is any drive letter, and that a file called "trnlib.dll" exists in that directory.

If the file does not exist, you probably deleted it when trying to add your new Type to TRNSYS. Please check the errors messages given by your compiler. Also, make sure that you performed a link of all the Fortran routines ("Build" command) and not just a "compile".

Please note that Windows will also give that error message if TRNSYS cannot find a DLL that is called by TRNLIB.DLL. The most frequent case is ExtDLL.dll. Again, you should make sure that this file exists in your \trnsys15 folder.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@engr.wisc.edu