Re: solar absorption cooling system

on 2003-12-17 16:01, Jean-Pierre BEDRUNE wrote:

I want to model a building with solar absorption cooling system.
Has anyone developped a TRNSYS type for such systems, or in a more simple way, is there information on the way to calculate or cuurent values of the efficiency of an absorption cooling system .
Jean-Pierre,

TRNSYS includes all the components you need to simulate such a system, from the building to the solar collector to the absorption machine. As you will see if you search the mailing list archive, the absorption cooling machine model (Type 7) has some usability issues, so the best option currently is to use non-standard components from the TESS libraries. You can find more information on those libraries on the TRNSYS website: http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys (go to component models, you will see a list of available Types and a link to TESS)

Please note that TRNSYS 16 will include some of the TESS Types, including absorption cooling machine models.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@engr.wisc.edu