Re: solar absorption cooling system

Hi,
   I guess I have done exactly what you need(Or
atleast something similar) during my Master Thesis at
"European Solar Engineering School",Borlänge,Sweden.

  I was using a TESS component TYPE-680 ( Single
effect hotwater fired absorption chiller)..Telling you
TRNSYS is an excellent tool for this kind of LIVE
simulations where you can integrate A BUILDING , SOLAR
CIRCUIT (Like collector,storage & Pumps) and Chiller
(With cooling tower if you want)..

   If you are simulating a particular chiller and if
you have data from the manufacturer then you could
include this data as an external file to TYPE-680.

Good luck AND merry X-mas,

Regards,
Sridhar Gopu.

--- Jean-Pierre BEDRUNE <bedrune@addenda.fr> wrote:
> Hi all, and appologies for cross posting
>
> I want to model a building with solar absorption
> cooling system.
> Has anyone developped a TRNSYS type for such
> systems, or in a more simple way, is there
> information on the way to calculate or cuurent
> values of the efficiency of an absorption cooling
> system .
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jean-Pierre BEDRUNE
> Laboratoire d'Energétique
> Université Paul Sabatier - 118, route de Narbonne
> 31062 TOULOUSE Cedex 4  -  FRANCE
> Tel :  (33) (0)561.55.64.79       Fax :  (33)
> (0)561.55.60.21
> mailto : bedrune@addenda.fr    web :
> http://sphinx.ups-tlse.fr
> Equipe C.E.TH "Convection et Environnement
> THermique"

=====
Gopu,Sridhar
Department of Energy Technology,