Re: who knows plz

on 2004-01-08 21:40, Fardin wrote:
  Hello dear TRNSYS users

  What ever I change the first parameter for solar collector (number of
  collectors hooked up in series) nothing is happening in simulation
results.
  It sound this parameter has no effect in simulation, how come!?
  I tried this matter with TRNSYS samples exist in TRNSYS package also, but
  no effect observed
  I'll appreciate if any body explain this problem

  thanks in advance
    Fardin

Fardin,

The total area of the collector array is given by parameter 2 and is ot affected by parameter 1. So when you say there are 2 collectors in series, the only difference in performance will be due to a different temperature profile in the collector array (ususally that difference is very small). If you want to go from one collector to 2 collectors in series, you need to set par 1 to 2 AND double the array area (par 2)

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx