Internal header pressure drop calculation (TYPE 45)

Dear TRNSYS users,

TYPE 45 calculates the pressure drop in the collector headers internally if
experimental data is not available. The procedure is explained on page 4.2.2-5
of the TRNSYS manual.  I managed to derive the term S1 assuming equal mass flow
in each header (I found S1*A11 to be the pressure drop in the lower header).
What I don?t seem to grasp is the S2 term and the equation 4.2.2.9, which
differs from what is in the TYPE 45 source code. This formula (in the manual,
not in the source code) obviously presents a problem since the added terms in it
have different units. I would like to know if there is any available reference
(book, article, whatever) that explains this calculation procedure a little more
explicitly.

Best Regards,
Juan Pablo de L. C. Salazar

LABSOLAR/NCTS - EMC - UFSC