Re: Problem with type94b, PV panel

Hi everybody!
I face a problem when using type94b, PV panel. It always say that the ambient temperature is too low even when I feed in Kelvin scale with a calculator "Equa". It works only when type in,say, 298, at the input space by double clicking the component directly. But this can't show any interaction between the varied temperature and the PV panel.

If the error you are getting is this:

***** ERROR ***** TRNSYS ERROR # 203
UNIT 1 TYPE 94 PHOTOVOLTAIC ARRAY
THE AMBIENT TEMPERATURE PROVIDED IS EXTREMELY LOW. PLEASE MAKE SURE
THAT YOU HAVE PROVIDED AMBIENT TEMPERATURE IN DEGREES K AND NOT IN DEGREES C

then it means Type94 is getting a temperature lower than 50 (and it interpretes it in K, which is -223°C). Please check your connections. Also please keep in mind that the "units" drop-down menu in the "inputs" tab of the proforma only acts on the initial value you type in at that place. It has no effect on the links (i.e. it will not change the units of an output for you).

Just to make sure, if you use an equation to define Tamb = 298 and type in "Tamb" in the "inputs" tab, it only affects the initial value of the input. To connect an equation to a component, you have to link them (as you would do for 2 "normal" components)

I hope this helps,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx