underground structures

Dear TRNSYS users:

I am a PhD student at the Bioclimatic Architecture at CIEMAT, Spain. Now I am studying the thermal behaviour of underground wine cellars in Spain and I would like to simulate these buildings in TRNSYS.

I have seen that there is a Basement Model (Type 56 Mode) which could be valuable for my research. I would be very grateful if you could send me more information about this module, as well as any other module or information related to earth-sheltered or underground structures.

In addition I would be interested in get information about the module: Slab on Grade (Type 56 mode) and (Simple Zone Mode) in order to simulate above ground buildings.

Thank you in advance, Beatriz.

Beatriz Porcar Laynez

Bioclimatic Architecture Program

Renewable Energy Department