Re: Heat pumps in TRNSYS

At 04:50 PM 3/25/2004 +0000, you wrote:

thanks for your answer and for the screen capture of the system but I have some doubt concerning the use of the type 504 (or 505) to model the air to water heat pump. The type is designed to model a water to air heat pump so I can't use it to provide the required heating or cooling to the flow stream! How can I to resolve the problem? I think that isn't possible that in standard TRNSYS or in TESS libraries there isn't a similar type! Maybe it's the type 172 or 201 "Electric compression Heat Pump (M. Hornberger or M. Wetter, T. Afijei)" available for sale in http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/fr_index.html?/trnsys/components/componen.htm... It's exact?

An air to water heat pump acts exactly like a water to air heat pump for modeling purposes.  All you have to do is realize that the air-cooling mode of a water to air heat pump is the HEATING mode of a air to water heat pump.  The only difference is that the catalog data for the models will have slightly different temperature ranges.  I have used our water-to-air models for water-to-air devices many times with little problem.

Jeff