I LIKE TRNSYS

Dear TRNSYS users,

When I decided to order TNRNSYS some months ago, it was because I wanted to
save time developing my own "radiation processor", "data reader", "control",
and most importantly "building" model.

When TRNSYS 15.3 arrived what I found was that the REFERENCE manual is as THICK
as the previous version 14 ordered by my former colleague.

It turns out that the "radiation processor" and "data reader" save my time
considerably. Unfortunately, I also needed to develop my own collector and
thermal storage models because the TYPES available in TNRSYS do not suit my
work. And I had to struggle hard to develop my DLLs so that they were
recoqnized by TRNSYS.

When I started familiarising myself with TYPE 19 (single zone model) I learned
that I would have difficulty when I deal with more than one zones building. And
last week Michael suggested to swicth to TYPE 56 in response to an enquiry from
Pietro. I therefore "swicthed" to TYPE 56. Will Type 19 still appear in next
TNRSYS version ?

What I experienced is similar to Pietro's. I have in front of me a PREBID
Version 4.0 manual and a section 4.8.8.2.3 from THICK REFERENCE MANUAL. These
do not help me much. Four pages example given in PREBID Ver. 4.0 manual is too
short for me. For example, I still have difficulties in entering or defining my
own layers or wall types, instead of using the built-in wall types or layers. I
found for example that once I defined MYLAYER01 or MYWALL1 I cannot delete it
from the list.

Then I looked at Section 4.8.8.2.3 of THICK MANUAL. The only information I
found useful there is the first one and a half pages (pp 4.8.8.2.3-1 and
4.8.8.2.3-2). The list starting from page 4.8.8.2.3.2 to 4.8.8.2.3-13 does not
help increase my understanding. These are the results of running the PREBID !
What I need is HOW TO CREATE SUCH RESULTS. And that means a more detailed
explanation of EXAMPLES.

And while I'm now patiently (impatiently) trying to learn more about PREBID, I
have already some "worries" in my mind as to the "connections" of components in
IISBiAt to utilise information I generate from PREBID, a problem similar to C H
Choong's.

Two weeks ago a colleague came asking whether I knew any TRNSYS course in
Australia. Perhaps I also need to attend a TRNSYS course, given my "slowness"
in grasping the information provided in the THICK MANUAL.

But I think what's most important in the future version of TRNSYS is more
READABLE, UNDERSTANDABLE manual, with more detailed information on the EXAMPLES
or CASE STUDIES written for beginner like me. And addressing some other
problems often experienced by TRNSYS users (beginners like me especially). For
example every time I edit my project (add or delete a component) I need to
check the order of components, otherwise I give me some trouble when running
the project.

I like TRNSYS !

Regards,

Edward Halawa