Re: A DOOR OF WOOD

Olympia,
I want to model a DOOR(door of wood) as user-defined window.
But I don't know where to find G-value, T-sol, Rf-sol and T-vis for wood.
Could anyone help me please?
Those properties are optical properties for glazing. They don't apply to opaque materials (e.g. T-vis is the transmittance in the visible wavelength range)

If you don't have any glazing in your door, you should use a wall type to model it. If the wooden door has a window, you can either add a window in that wall or model the door as a window with a high frame ratio (and set the frame conductivity to the appropriate value for wood). But in that case the values you mention would only apply to the glazed part of the door.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx