TRNSYS 16 release date moved back - Meteonorm weather data included

Dear TRNSYS users,

The developers have decided to push the TRNSYS 16 release date back to September. We made that decision because we want to release a product that has been fully tested and has passed quality assurance tests, which is not feasible within a shorter time frame.

You can be assured that we are making progress on TRNSYS 16: many new features have been demonstrated during users days and other conferences, and a development release has been used for training courses. We will continue those activities as they were a success. However, we are still finalizing some features and working on compiler compatibility and backwards compatibility issues, as well as on the documentation. We do not want to release TRNSYS 16 before we have a fully tested package with a consistent documentation set.

We are also working on new bonus in TRNSYS 16: the package will come with high quality weather data files generated with the Meteonorm software (www.meteonorm.com). The data will cover all the world regions. Furthermore, the official TMY2 files from NREL will also be included for the US.

Do not hesitate to contact your TRNSYS distributor if you have further questions on TRNSYS 16. You can also find information on the TRNSYS website: http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx