Re: Control Trnsys by command line

Jochen,

is there a way to avoid the display of the 'simulation completed' dialog
after trnsys has finished simulating? I would like to do multiple
simulations in a kind of batch mode in VB by executing somthing like

Shell ("C:/trnsys15/trnsys fileXYZ.dck").

This works fine, but I have to confirm the mentioned dialog before I'm able
to work with the result files. That is quite tideous.

Of course there are some system near solutions like getting handle of the
dialog window and emulating the OK click, but my hope is that there is a
switch somewhere in a configuration file that tells trnsys to finish
simulating silently. I could not find something usefull in the manual
concerning this problem, but maybe someone has a good idea?

I guess you will get many answers on that one, with the delay on the mailing list...
You can use the "/n" switch:
Shell ("C:/trnsys15/trnsys fileXYZ.dck /n")

This will get rid of the yes/no dialog box, but your simulation will still stop if you have errors. I sent an email about some possible techniques to prevent the "errors" box to stop batch jobs a while ago:

But I am sure you will find something even fancier than that in VB...

Kind regards,

Michaël

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx