Re: Heat exchanger

Dear Michael,
Thank you very much for your advice, I will let you know what I've done and how it works out.

Julie

>>> kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/15/04 05:59pm >>>
Julie,

> I am looking to model a heat exchanger with phase change on the cold-side (steam under vacuum). Does anybody have any advice or know of an existing model?

Apparently nobody has proposed a component to simulate your heat
exchanger. Depending on the level of detail you need and what you are
interested in (i.e. a complex system using the heat exchanger or the
heat exchanger itself), you can either use some tricks to use existing
components (e.g. Type 5 with a very high Cp for one fluid), use simple
equations in your TRNSYS file, or develop a new component. If you want
to develop a new component and you have the physical equations
describing the heat exchanger, you could consider using Type 66 and
implementing your equations in EES at first, so you can concentrate your
effort on modeling and not coding. If you are satisfied with the
behavior but need faster simulations, you can then rewrite the EES
equations in Fortran.

I hope this helps,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx