Re: [TRNSYS-users] type 4 storage tank

Florian,

i have problems with the use of type 4e storage tank ( trnsys15). the first message is :

***** WARNING *****
THE SET POINT TEMERATURE OF THE UNIT 37 TYPE 4 STORAGE TANK IS HIGHER THAN
THE BOILING TEMPERATURE. THE BOILING TEMPERATURE WILL BE USED AS THE SET
POINT.

but my boiling temperature is 100 and my set point temp. 55 or 0 , cause i do not use the aux heater.
the seond message is:

***** ERROR *****        TRNSYS ERROR # 103
UNIT  37 TYPE   4
 24 PARAMETERS WERE SPECIFIED, 22 ARE REQUIRED
CHECK COMPONENT CONFIGURATION
   8 STORAGE VARIABLES ALLOCATED FOR UNIT  37, TYPE   4 ENDING AT   641

***** ERROR ***** TRNSYS ERROR # 103 UNIT 37 TYPE 4 BAD PARAMETER OR NUMBER OF PARAMETERS CHECK COMPONENT CONFIGURATION

It looks like Type 4 expects fewer parameters than what you are specifying, which probably also explains why the setpoint and/or boiling point are not what you think they are.
If you are not using IISiBat, please check your component configuration very carefully, you probably have a typo in your parameters.
If you are using IISiBat, please send your project file to your distributor so they can identify the cause of the problem.

...... is there a max. number of type 4 in one simulation? i´m using 5.

No, there is no maximum number of Type 4 units in a simulation.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx