Re: [TRNSYS-users] Solar angles in evacuated tube collectors

Ashley,

The type 71 evacuated tube collector model calls for solar incidence angle,
solar zenith angle and solar azimuth angle as 3 of the inputs. I know they
relate to the location of the sun but I do not know where the data comes
from. How are these inputs determined for a known latitude and longitude
from a TMY weather data file.

In case you did not figure it out by now, those inputs come from the solar radiation processor, Type 16. You always ned at least one Type 16 unit in a simulation if you use the solar radiation in any way (most, if not all, components need the radiation on a tilted surface and the incidence angle).

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx