Re: [TRNSYS-users] fuel cells/electrolyser

Dear all,

2) Purchase the electrolyser and conduct the experiments yourself (which is
very expensive, and for me it defeats the purpose as I am using modeling in
order to work out which electrolyser to use).

That's exactly what I am doing also, trying to size my system as efficiently as possible before I actually get the system

One question before I go: What inputs and outputs do you require from the
model? At this stage I think my only input will be input power (kW), and
the outputs will be hydrogen production rate (Nm3/h), oxygen production
rate (Nm3/h) and water consumption rate (L/h).

That's where I am right now. Also there is an advantage here cause this way there is no restriction on whether you are using an alcaline electrolyser or a PEM one. Also if you assume that you have the electrolyser coupled on a DC-DC converter (I am working with a DC electrolyser) the effciency then doesn't flunctuate so much from the given efficiency as a parameter.

George Kyriakarakos
George Kyriakarakos, Agricultural Engineer
Agricultural University of Athens,
Dept. of Natural Resources and Agricultural Engineering
Iera odos street, 75, Athens 11855, Greece
Tel. +30.210.5294046 (direct), Fax: +30.210.5294023
Mobile +30.6942.046895
e-mail: <gk@xxxxxx>