RE: [TRNSYS-users] area of electrode(electrolyser)

Dear Sara,
The IISiBat component file (.tmf) is where the maximum values of the
parameters are set. You can change them as follows:

1) Open the component file in IISiBat. The easiest way to do this is to
right click on the component in your project and select "Proforma..."

2) Under the "Variables" tab, click on the button labeled "Variables
(Parameters, Inputs, Outputs, Derivatives)".

Note: For some reason IISiBat crashes every time I try to do this with some
components in particular, one of which is the electrolyser (???Can anyone
help me with this???). If you also experience this problem then you can
manually edit the .tmf file using a text editor (such as notepad) instead.
If you would like to know how to do this then let me know.

3) Edit the "max" value of the "AREA" variable to whatever you want
(something greater than 2.174).

4) Click OK

5) Close the window for the component and click "Yes" when it asks you if
you want to save changes. You should now be able to change the area to
values greater than 1 m2.

Regarding Michael Kummert's comment on the model behind the proforma coping
with such a parameter value... The model should cope fine as far as
compiling and calculating a result goes, but the question is will it be
accurate? I believe it will be, provided you set the parameters in the
external file accurately.

Regards,
Todd Houstein
PhD Candidate
Hydrogen & Allied Renewable Technologies (HART) research group
School of Engineering
University of Tasmania