Re: [TRNSYS-users] Optimization

Tshewang Lhendup wrote:

> Thanks fro your suggestions regarding the optimization codes in TRNSYS.
Further, I would like to know whether the GenOpt is multi objective optimization routine or single objective routine.

As far as I know, GenOpt solves single-objective optimization problems (both one-dimensional and multi-dimensional): you can optimize more than one parameter but you can only have one objective function.

I hope this helps,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx