Re: [TRNSYS-users] Fortran compiler

Hi Todd,

I'm sorry I can't help you on Open Watcom, but if you plan to upgrade
to TRNSYS 16 anytime soon (or already have), there is an easy
alternative: simply give the type you modify a new type number and
compile it into a separate DLL.

You can create the compile project for the DLL by opening the existing
PROFORMA, change the TYPE number and then File/export as ...
(choose 'FORTRAN'). The rest is automatic.

The Watcom compiler is able to creat such DLLs (http://www.talkaboutprogramming.com/group/comp.lang.fortran/messages/132009.html).

Otherwise (in TRNSYS 15) I hope someone else can help you
on Watcom.

Werner

Todd Houstein wrote:

I have recently installed Open Watcom Fortran compiler (http://www.openwatcom.org) and have been attempting to use it to recompile TRNLIB.DLL after making minor changes to the source code for a component. Unfortunately errors are being generated for about half of the .FOR files.

Has anyone any experience with using Open Watcom? If so, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If not, can anyone suggest another free (or inexpensive) Fortran compiler?

Thanks and regards,
Todd Houstein
Hydrogen & Allied Renewable Technologies (HART) research team
University of Tasmania
Australia
+61 3 6226 2094

/ \____ Werner Keilholz, Software Development Group Leader \____/ CSTB Sophia Antipolis, SAIL / \____ s-mail: BP 209, 06904 SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS, F R A N C E \____/ phone: +33 (0)4 93 95 67 00 -- fax: +33 (0)4 93 95 67 33 / \____ Mailto:werner@xxxxxxx -- ASPAM=antispamwpk42 \____/ http://evl.cstb.fr/english/team/WK/werner.htm

 Don’t surrender to SPAM !  http://werner.keilholz.free.fr/aspam/doc/Index.htm