[TRNSYS-users] Writing deck files in text editor/TRNSYS 16

Dear all,

I have been one of those users that found TRNSYS 15 with presim in my university when I started learning how to use it. Since I found it difficult to use presim I started writing my decks in TRNShell. We got our copy of TRNSYS 16 about 2 weeks ago. And well, ok the studio looks great and I know that new users will be able to produce results quickly, but for me it's really a lot easier to just write deck files in a text editor - it's a lot more straight-forward than using the GUI. The thing is that I didn't find a separate part in the manual covering how to write decks in TRNSYS 16. Of course there are the examples, but I would find it a lot more helpful to see what has changed and how in a separate chapter. On top of that if you start writing your own types it's a lot easier not to bother with creating a GUI frontend for each new type.

And one more thing. Up until now I used TRNSYS 15 with compaq visual fortran 6.1. The procedure to recompile trnsys was a lot easier, compile the fortran code from the command prompt (or from visual studio), edit the link.cvf and recompile from the command prompt. All this took something like 20 seconds. Now with compaq 6.6 and TRNSYS 16 it took me a lot more time in order to pass all the options in the visual studio. Is there a way to do it as fast as in the past in the manner I have described above?

Thank you in advance,

George Kyriakarakos

George Kyriakarakos, Agricultural Engineer
Agricultural University of Athens,
Dept. of Natural Resources and Agricultural Engineering
Iera odos street, 75, Athens 11855, Greece
Tel. +30.210.5294046 (direct), Fax: +30.210.5294023
Mobile +30.6942.046895
e-mail: <gk@xxxxxx>