Re: [TRNSYS-users] sim studio: direct access

Hi David,

Its a good idea, but unfortunately a bit late to make it into TRNSYS 16...

However, some of our users create 'TRNSYS workgroups' by just using mounted drives:

1. Share your TRNSYS16 directory (right-click on Trnsys16, Properties, Share)

2. On your co-worker's machine, mount a new drive, e.g. T: (like Trnsys :-) -
in the explorer Tools/Map Network Drive...

3. Start the Studio from the mounted drive (e.g. T:\Trnsys16\Studio\Exe\TrnsysStudio.exe)

Beware of the shortcut in \Trnsys16, which will typically point to your local installation.

You co-worker will have to wait a little longer to start the Studio over the network,
but each time he choses Direct Acess/Refresh Tree (or when re-starting) he will
run the same DLL as you and see all the new models you have created in the
meantime !

Werner

David Chèze wrote:

Hello!

In our office, we are 3 users involved in simulation with TRNSYS 16 and want to share our TRNSYS models through shared directories on our server: it's not so easy to do it because of the proformas that had to be saved in the Studio/Proformas directory of the installation directory, on the local machine, in order to be viewed in the Direct access tree. Of course we can use the "insert tree" function but it might be useful to manage a list of "based library folder" (from the Settings) to add user's defined components in a network shared folder.
Something like:
based library folder: "%TRNSYS16%\Studio\Proformas";"\\MyServer\TRNdir\UserProformas";etc...

--

/ \____ Werner Keilholz, Software Development Group Leader \____/ CSTB Sophia Antipolis, SAIL / \____ s-mail: BP 209, 06904 SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS, F R A N C E \____/ phone: +33 (0)4 93 95 67 00 -- fax: +33 (0)4 93 95 67 33 / \____ Mailto:werner@xxxxxxx -- ASPAM=antispamwpk42 \____/ http://evl.cstb.fr/english/team/WK/werner.htm

 Don’t surrender to SPAM !  http://werner.keilholz.free.fr/aspam/doc/Index.htm