[TRNSYS-users] University course on dynamic simulations (using TRNSYS) - Jan-March 2005

We have a 4.5 ECTS credits course on dynamic system simulations, with
the program used being Trnsys. It has been designed to teach our own
masters students the basics of simulation techniques and to get them
started with actual simulations using TRNSYS. The course is at Swedish
D-level, which is the equivalent of the last year of German diplom
course.

The course is open to anyone with the equivalent of a BSc, ie with
enough background knowledge to be able to understand the concepts. The
course is in English and as it is a University course, the tuition is
free of charge. Lodging and other costs have to be paid for by the
participants.

The time table for the course is as follows:
17 - 21/1 2005 One week intensive study in Borlänge at SERC (mixture of
lectures, practical work and home work, seminars)
22/1 - 6/3 2005  Project work at normal work place/home
17-8/3 2005 Final seminar where all projects are presented.

The project work is done "at home" and the student thus needs to have
access to Trnsys there. During the project period, the students have
access to the supervisors for either telephone help or by email. Work
reports will be expected every two weeks to make sure that the students
are progressing properly.

Trnsys 15 with Iisibat will be used as standard on the course, but
TRNSYS 16 will be demonstrated and discussed.
If participants have already bought Trnsys 16, then they can use it on
the course and will be given supervision in it.

Te curriculum can be found at the following link - reply to me if you
want an application form.
http://www.du.se/templates/EducationPage.aspx?id=257&kod=M%c3%96D017&lan
guage=en

The course code is: MÖD017 and the application code is AA281.

If you would like to know more about the course please contact me.

Best wishes

Chris Bales

Chris Bales, PhD
Lecturer and Researcher in Environmental Engineering (Energy)
Dalarna University College
Solar Energy Research Center SERC
Dept. of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Technology
S-78188 Borlänge

Tel: +46 (0)23 778707
Fax: +46 (0)23 778701
email: cba@xxxxx