Re: Can not run Simulation

yuxia_ch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello Michaël Kummert,

Thanks for your explanation for the red arrow. The manual is not clear.

Now, new problems come out. When I try to run the simulation F8. Nothing happened. No progress indicator come out. I wonder is there some wrong with my window system?

Please check if the program has run or not by checking the date of the listing file. Sometimes simple simulations are so fast that some users think nothing has happened.
If the simulation has really not run, please do the following:
- check if standard examples (in \Trnsys15\IISibat3\Data\Samples\) run.
- If they don't, the most common cause for that problem is that users installed TRNSYS in a non-accepted directory. You MUST install TRNSYS 15 in X:\Trnsys15, where X is any drive. TRNSYS 15 will not run in "C:\Program Files" for example
- Reinstall TRNSYS from your original CD and try to run the standard examples in IISiBat (as here above) but also in TRNSHELL (Launch TRNSHELL and open \Trnsys15\Fixed.dck)

Please note that you should always contact your distributor for support.
Your distributor is identified by a letter in your User ID (data in the user.id file in your \Trnsys15 installation directory). The user ID is a code like: 15B-X123 (The letter that identifies the distributor is X: for example it is "W" for the SEL and "T" for TESS. If you have a "W", then you should contact me for support. If you have another letter, you should contact your distributor.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx