Re: [TRNSYS-users] PV with PCM

BOUZOUKAS ASTERIOS wrote:
As I was searching internet for a TRNSYS type for PCM in the back side of a PV I found this web site

http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/downloads/trnsedapps/demos/pvh-array.htm

Do you know if this kind of type exists or the theory that cover this kind of type. Thank you very much.

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate the source code of that Type. It seems to be an early variant of what is now Type 180 (in HYDROGEMS, which is now part of the standard library in TRNSYS 16) where the equation for Tc, the cell temperature, is modified to take PCM's into account.
The equation for Tc can be easily identified in Type 180, so I assume it would be possible to take PCM's in consideration without too much effort by modifying that equation. Or may be someone on this list still has a copy of that component with the PCM's in it, in which case I would be pleased to add it to the TRNLIB section...

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx