Re: [TRNSYS-users] equation

Isabelle,

But when a constant is defined in the control card, can I use it in an equation which is defined in an equation bloc on the assembly panel? Or do I have to write that equation in the control card too ? (hope it is clear ...)

You can use the variables you define in "hand-typed" equations or constants in the Control cards in other equations, or as initial values for inputs or parameters. The variable names will appear in red in equation blocks because the block does not know about them, but TRNSYS will find them. And for parameters/initial values don't forget to set the variable type to "string".

I hope this helps,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx