Re: [TRNSYS-users] (no subject)

fatema najate wrote:
*hello;*

I m simulating a house built out of earth with a type 56, and for wall thicknesses > 30cm the results are not ‘good’. I have tried to change the subroutine that calculates the transfer function coefficients but I do not succeed; how can I do this? IS there another way that solves the problem?**

Type 56 is known to have a problem to calculate the wall transfer functions of very thick (massive) walls. If you are using a time base that is less than 1 hour, you can try using 1 hour since this will usually give good results even if your simulation uses a shorter time step. If you are already using a "large" time base, one workaround is to split the wall in two identical parts separated by a fictitious zone. Set the convection coefficient to a very high value in the fictitious zone, and its volume to a very small value. I am not aware of any problems related to that technique except for the fact that it's not as convenient as being able to define the wall directly.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail <http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/mail/taglines/*http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/evt=25917/*http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/mail_fr/mail_campaigns/splash/taglines_250/default/*http://fr.promotions.yahoo.com/mail/creer28.html>

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx