Re: [TRNSYS-users] linking problems solved

Adriana,

I've just solved the problems I was speaking about in my previous e-mail.
By upgrading from CVF 6.6.0 to 6.6.B the rebuilding of the dll seems to work succesfully,
I wonder why.

Because TRNSYS uses some features that were implemented (or fixed) in that update, such as the DLL export instructions, etc. This is why we insist so much on the need for the 6.6B update. It seems that "so much" is not enough yet so this is a good opportunity to remind all users that they will save time and frustration if they use Compaq Visual Fortran 6.6B and not any of the other versions (there is a 6.6C update but it is not required by TRNSYS and introduces some problems so we do not recommend that you install it --- OK, more clearly: Use 6.6B and nothing else!).

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx