Re: [TRNSYS-users] Types 60 and 109

Fernando,

Working with TYPE60-TRNSYS16 (storage tank), I got incorrect results. I
think that the following lines in the source code shouldn’t be
commented:

You are correct that this is a bug in Type 60. It was fixed in the 16.00.0037 release.
That release contains a significant update to the manuals and fixes many issues, including two bad bugs with Type 60 (Stratified tank with heat exchangers) and Type 10 (rockbed storage). We strongly recommend that all users install the update.

Also, TYPE109 (integrated reader and radiation processor) fails reading
input files at some time steps. For variables which appear in the input
file, at some steps the output value is equal to the value at next time
step (this value is repeated twice); for example:

INPUT FILE               OUTPUT - TYPE109
15.2                             13.2 (?)
13.2                             13.2

This always happens at sunset time steps. I think that the problem comes
up from the “update_time_sun_radiation” subroutine, which incorrectly
changes the value of “u(m)%p(n_low(k),0)”

We will investigate this issue. Could you send me an example (project + data file) off-list?

Thank you,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx