Re: [TRNSYS-users] Command line switches

Todd,

I am using GENOPT to run optimizations of my TRNSYS projects. I am already
using the /N command line switch so that the <continue> button does not need
to be clicked after each simulation, however I cannot use my computer for
anything else while the optimization is running because each time TRNExe.exe
is called it takes focus (i.e. becomes the active window). Is there a
command line switch that runs TRNExe.exe in the background??

In TRNSYS 15 there is a way to do this: just change the 2nd line in cnfgtr.trn. This file is in your Trnsys15 directory but you can also place a copy in the deck file directory, which I would recommend in this case. In the "local" copy, change:

Y        -> DISPLAY SIMULATION STATUS DURING RUN TIME?  [Y OR N]

N        -> DISPLAY SIMULATION STATUS DURING RUN TIME?  [Y OR N]

And TRNSYS 15 will run without creating a window.
This feature has not been implemented in TRNSYS 16 yet.

I hope this helps,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx