Modelling oil boiler with type 170

Hello Trnsys Users

As part of work in IEA Solar Heating and Cooling Programme Task 26 (Solar
Combisystems) (http://www.iea-shc.org/task26/) we are simulating boilers
using Type 170, available from Transsolar
(http://transsolar-web.in-systeme.de/ts/). Most participants are using this
type for gas and wood chip boilers but some of us would like to use it for
oil boilers.

In order to this we need to modify it a little to define the the chemical
content of the fuel and its calorific value. Has anyone done this and if so
have you compared results with measurements? I should say that we are
modeling small boilers (< 40kW).

Thank you (I hope!)

Chris Bales

Chris Bales
Lecturer and Researcher in Environmental Engineering (Energy)
Hvgskolan Dalarna
Solar Energy Research Center SERC, EKOS
S-78188 Borldnge

Temporarily working in Australia (until July 2001)
Engineering Department
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia
Tel: +61 (0)2 6279 8295
Fax: +61 (0)2 6249 0506