RE: Modeling greenhouse climate

In the 1980-1982 timeframe, the United States Department of Energy through
SERI ("Solar Energy Research Institute" now called NREL "National Renewable
Energy Laboratory" in Golden Colorado) together with the Kingdom of Saudi
Arabia sought to design integrated "Solar Controlled Environment Agriculture
Systems (SCEAS) (that is  "green houses") that could operate in arid
climates combining solar shading, solar collection, moisture/water recovery
and reuse, power generation, etc.

Under contract Number AF-1-9312-1 a SCEAS system was designed and developed
to the planning stage using a version of TRNSYS adapted specifically to
SOLar Greenhouse Energy Modeling (SOLGEM). Several technical papers were
published in the technical literature of the time (see below)

The reports on that project (circa 1982) should be available from the SERI
archives at NREL or the Unites States NTIS (National Technical Information
Service).
http://www.nrel.gov
http://www.ntis.gov

Best Regards,
 -- Frank Jakob, Battelle

DESIGN OF A SOLAR CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT AGRICULTURE SYSTEM (SCEAS).
Landstrom, D. Karl; USA Source: Progress in Solar Energy Volume 6. From
Annual Meeting of the American Section of the International Solar Energy
Society. Minneapolis, MN, , USA, Sponsored by : Int Solar Energy Soc,
American Section, USA American Solar Energy Soc New York, NY p 9-14

DEVELOPING HOURLY WEATHER DATA FOR LOCATIONS HAVING ONLY DAILY WEATHER DATA.
Talbert, Sherwood G.; USA Source: Progress in Solar Energy Volume 6. From
Annual Meeting of the American Section of the International Solar Energy
Society. Minneapolis, MN, , USA, Sponsored by : Int Solar Energy Soc,
American Section, USA American Solar Energy Soc New York, NY p 877-882