Re: Range check error

Hi Maarten,

Dave has answered this question before - here it is from my archive :

 Most often, a range check error comes from an array within the TRNSYS
Fortran source code going out of bounds. If you're using Digital or
Compaq's developer studio, the best way to locate the problem is inside the
developer studio, place a breakpoint early in the code (before the problem
occurrs) run to there and then select Debug Menu: Exceptions and set all
the exceptions listed to "stop always" instead of "stop if not handled."
Then remove your breakpoint and let the simulation go. When the problem
array is hit, the debugger will point you to it.

        Please let me know if you ever run across one of these in the
standard
types, I'd be happy to take a look at them and see if I can solve the
problem.

        As for components getting listed twice, I've never seen the problem.
If
you have an example of a deck in which it happens, please send it my way so
that I can locate the problem.

Cheers,
David

Maarten Sourbron wrote:

> Dear Trnsys-users,
>
> In a model consisting of a Type 19-model and a heatpump, I get the error
> message "Range check error".  Investigating the model I think the
> problem is in the Type 19-zone, but I cannot seem to find any
> inconsistencies in the parameters.  What is the reason for this
> error-message and what is to be done to solve it?
>
> Maarten Sourbron

> Projectingenieur
> Onderzoeksgroep Milieu & Energie
> De Nayer Instituut
> Jan De Nayerlaan 5
> B-2860 Sint-Katelijne-Waver
> Belgie
> Tel: +32 (015) 31.69.44
> Fax: +32 (015) 31.74.53
> E-mail: mso@denayer.wenk.be

  /    \____ Werner Keilholz, Project Manager
  \____/     CSTB Sophia Antipolis, ILC Division
  /    \____ s-mail: BP 209, 06904 SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS,  F R A N C E
  \____/     phone: +33 (0)4 93 95 67 00 -- fax: +33 (0)4 93 95 67 33
  /    \____ Mailto:werner@cstb.fr
  \____/     http://evl.cstb.fr/english/team/WK/werner.htm

             * Les journées TRNSYS francophones cette année à Lyon *
             http://evl.cstb.fr/main/events.asp?langue=fr&m=pr