Re: number of zones

Dear Mr. Kouba,

actually their is no real limitation about TYPE 56 and 100 or more zones. Till
now we have included only 25 because we like to "prevent user agains herselfs".
So, I can't really immagine dealing with 100 and more zones (I know it works).
We may change the TYPE 56 for a "special version" if it is extremely necessary.
To overcome the problem by yourselve is not possible because you don't have the
source code (Version 15).

kind regards

Alexander Knirsch

Robert Kouba wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> We are a group of engineers at the Technical University in Graz/Austria and
> we are facing the following
> problem. In setting up large-scale building simulation models within TRNSYS
> we are approaching
> the range of 100 and more different zones. We have heard the 'rumour' that
> there is an upper bound of 100
> zones for running the TRNSYS simulation. Two aspects would be of interest
> to us: First, is there a zone limitation
> imposed by the code (and is there a way to overcome that .....) and second:
> has anybody practical experience (hardware requirements,
> running times, etc) in running such calculations on PCs which he/she could
> share with us.
>
> Best regards and thanks in advance
> Robert Kouba
>
> Robert Kouba
> Institute for thermal engineering
> Div. Solar Energy and
> Thermal Building Simulation
>
> Graz University of Technology
> Inffeldgasse 25/B
> A.-8010 Graz, Austria
> Tel: +43(0)316 873-7314 or 7306

        Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Knirsch

                  TRANSSOLAR

       Konzepte für energie-    Strategies for energy efficient
       effizientes Bauen und    design and thermal
   Nutzerkomfort in Gebäuden    comfort in buildings

              Curiestrasse 2
           D-70563 Stuttgart
    phone: ++49-711-67976-23
      fax: ++49-711-67976-11