Re: Creating new windows

Ashvini,

yes you can but you need the WINDOW Program from Berkely.
Also what you can do is use an additional resistance like an external shading
device
which you use during night time with an higher resistance. Also you can
use the WINDOW id number in PREBID as an INPUT

eg. instad of WINID=2001 e.g.

WINID=1*INPUT ......

and in the dck file you can switch from one window to the other.

cheers

Alex

Ashvini Kumar wrote:

> Dear TRNSYS Users,
>
> Can someone tell me how to create new window systems
> for TRNSYS 15?
>
> The window systems available in the standard package
> are very different from the ones attached to the house
> I am trying to simulate.  Is it possible to create a
> new window having different U-values for day and
> night?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ashvini

> http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

        Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Knirsch

                  TRANSSOLAR

       Konzepte für energie-    Strategies for energy efficient
       effizientes Bauen und    design and thermal
   Nutzerkomfort in Gebäuden    comfort in buildings

              Curiestrasse 2
           D-70563 Stuttgart
    phone: ++49-711-67976-23
      fax: ++49-711-67976-11