Re: add to TRNSYS

Windy Hermawan Mitrakusuma wrote:

> Dear Yang Miao, and all TRNSYS users.
>
> After a new type was made, it should be run and recognize by TRNSYS.
> If e do not modified the main program, how the TRNSYS main program will run
> our new type ?

There are different ways to add a new type (they are described in the TRNSYS
manual, Volume I, chapter 3).

The standard method consists of recompiling a DLL called TRNLIB.DLL.

> Should we compiling all TRNSYS source code to do this ?
> or
> We only modified 1or 2 file of TRNSYS program. Which are ?

If you follow the instructions, you don't have to modify anything in the
TRNSYS kernal; it is sufficient to add your new sourcecode to the
compile project.

The TRNSYS kernal actually already contains calls to a number of 'dummy' types.
If you implement a given type, it is called instead of the dummy.
Details can be found here: http://sel.me.wisc.edu/TRNSYS/Default.htm
(Under FORTRAN information).

Hope this helps,

Werner
--
  /    \____ Werner Keilholz, Project Manager
  \____/     CSTB Sophia Antipolis, ILC Division

             I'd rather be happy than right every day - Slartibartfast