RE: TYPE 55

Dear Timo,

I do not think your problems are related to the use of several Type55 units.
I attached a simple example where 5 Periodic Integrators are used and work
properly. Please read the comment box in the IISiBat project. I also
attached a new version of Type55 but I do not think that your problem is
related to the fix included in that version (please let me know if I am
wrong!).

Your problem may be related to the integrator's initialization. The first
integrated value is always slightly off, but this small error does not have
any effect on the other values and is usually very small (it is hardly
noticeable for a monthly integration, for example). You will notice that
small problem in the attached example. Please also note that if you use a
time step smaller than 1 hour and a hourly data file (e.g. weather data),
you should NOT set the start time to a value which is not a multiple of 1
hour to reduce the error on the first integrated value. Choosing a start
time of 0.25, for example, would cause a "time lag" between your data file
and the simulation.

I hope this helps,

Michaël

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@engr.wisc.edu