Re: New TRNSED-based demos available for download

Michaël Kummert wrote:

I don't know a way to import data from excel. I assume you can read anything
from an excel file provided that you understand its format but I have never
seen a description of that format (may be MS has a C++ library that does the
job?)

Rather than using some complicated C++ library to analyse the
MS Excel format, I'd rather suggest you look into writing a small
VB script - the language is part of Excel and its easy to do.
(In Excel, go to tools/macro/record new macro and see what
happens ; the Excel online help has more info, the Internet
is full of samples and if you have any school kid somewhere
near you, you're sure to have an expert VB programmer
available ... ;).

If you want to see a wizard at work in this domain (and a great
example), look at what Peter Schild did for COMIS, in the
'file' section of the COMIS discussion group
( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/comis/files/ ).

Werner

   Don't miss the 5th European and French TRNSYS meeting
   http://software.cstb.fr/events/5th_TRNSYS_meeting.pdf