RE: ***** WARNING ***** UNIT 2 TYPE 16

Dear Kummert,

Thanks for your help, the problem vanished.

nice times.

G.Azzain

 Michaël_Kummert <kummert@engr.wisc.edu> wrote:

Dear G.Azzain,

The warning in Type16 (solar radiation processor) indicates that the
radiation in your data file is too high for the particular time step (584).
Most of the time, such warnings occur near sunrise/sunset and are not
important (measurement errors are higher for low solar radiation values).
However, you should check Type16 parameters for errors (especially shift
angle and latitude) if you get many similar warnings.

The cause of your simulation stopping is not Type16 but Type28, the
simulation summary (unit 23 in your deck file). The error message indicates
that the energy balance did not close at the end of the period (1 month), so
the simulation is stopped.
You should check your "check" statement to make sure the way you compute the
energy balance is correct. You can also increase the tolerance on the energy
balance to see if it ! solves the problem.

I hope this helps,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@engr.wisc.edu