RE: more than 500 parameters

Juan,

You are right, you have to use a fixed time step in data files. You would
have to find the smaller time interval needed to describe your profile (it
appears to be 0.1 hour in your example).
Another solution is to read a daily value (stop time for current day) and
use equations to set the auxiliary heater ON/OFF by comparing mod(time,24)
to that variable. It seems much more practical to me.

Please also note that you have to be careful with Type14. If you run a
simulation with a time step larger than 0.1 h, your example will not work
anyway (when defining a forcing function, you cannot use a time interval
shorter than the simulation time step. The next TRNSYS release will give an
error in that case).

Regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@engr.wisc.edu