Re: climatic façade simulations

Dear Magali,

You can simulate double-façade buildings with Type56. TRANSSOLAR has a long experience in simulating that type of building but I don't know if they have any published papers on that. You may need to couple Type56 with COMIS if you want to simulate natural ventilation in detail. You can also use TRNFLOW (an enhanced Type56 in which the COMIS engine has been integrated).

For more information, please check TRANSSOLAR website:
http://www.transsolar.com/ts/english/maineng.htm

Regards,
Michaël Kummert

Bodart Magali wrote:

Dear TRNSYS users,

In the framework of a belgian project, I would like to explore the possibilities to model climatic façades (or double skin façades) with TRNSYS.

Does anyone has experienced in modelling double skin façades with TRNSYS ?
Has anybody developed a special TYPE for this kind of modelisation ?

Any information or bibliographic references would be welcome.

Thanks in advance !

Magali Bodart

BODART Magali (Mrs), PhD
Civil Engineer in civil work
Research assistant

Université Catholique de Louvain
Architecture et Climat
1, Place du Levant
1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
Belgium

Tel : + 32 10 47 91 52 (direct) / 32 10 47 21 42
Fax : + 32 10 47 21 50
Email : bodart@arch.ucl.ac.be
Http://www-climat.arch.ucl.ac.be

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@engr.wisc.edu