Re: DID NOT CONVERGE in FUNCTION THP

Dear Louis,
If I am right, you are getting those errors using the STEC library. I think the error occurs in the "steam3" routine, which calculates steam properties. Sometimes, errors in properties calculation routines happen because you are outside of their intended range due to some problems in your project (bad connections, wrong initial values, typo in parameters, etc.). You could try starting from a simple configuration that works and add components progressively to find out what causes your problem.

If your problem persists, you should contact the STEC library developers.

Regards,

Michaël Kummert

PS. As you say, the "Type 3" warning is not related to "TRNSYS Type 3", I think it is just a third Type of something in the "steam3" routine.

Piya Louis Siangsukone wrote:

Dear TRNSYS user,

I have a problem with my project which the error message “DID NOT CONVERGE IN FUNCTION THP”.

And before the simulation was terminated there is a warning of Type3 Tem is negative.

(Where is it come from? Because I did not use type 3 in my model)

Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers,

Louis

Piya Louis Siangsukone

Ph.D. Candidate

Centre for Sustainable Energy Systems

Department of Engineer & IT

CANBERRA ACT 0200 AUSTRALIA

---

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@engr.wisc.edu