radiation processor, type 16h

Hello all,

my question is about the type 16, mode 4, more exactly input 2 called "direct normal beam radiation". It is explained as "beam radiation on a surface oriented towards the sun". Now, which surface is ment? Is it a hypothetical tracking surface, with its normal always pointing towards the sun?

I have got 5 surfaces to be defined, which of the first is the collector field, none of them is tracking the sun. We measure the radiation values ourselves with two devices: 1. horizontal, 2. parallel to the collectors (SW, 30° sloped) - can I use 16h with these values?

Thank you very much
Moritz