De : Anil Misra [mailto:anil_misra@mantraonline.com]
Envoyé : 1 octobre, 2003 13:05
À : trnsys@relay.doit.wisc.edu
Objet : looking for TRNSYS components

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am trying to simulate an Indirect Evaporative Cooling (IDEC) System for a building in New Delhi. Please see the schematics in the attached figure. This kind of IDEC is fast becoming popular because it costs less than air conditioning system, and uses no polluting CFC. The water consumption in such a system is very low compared to that in a Direct Evaporative Cooling System.

Now my problem is that I do not find the components in TRNSYS library to complete the configuration of the system. We have recently bought TRNSYS with TESS Libraries but the Evaporative Cooler is not included there. I checked the TRNSYS components at the website, and it is mentioned in the category of "other components".

I want to know:
1. If the evaporative cooler component is available free of cost? How to procure and use it?
2. Does any other TRNSYS user has experience with simulating a similar system?
3. Is a "Flat-plate Air to Air heat Exchanger" component available anywhere in the TRNSYS library?

I shall be thakful for any help on this.

Anil Misra
C/o Solar Energy Centre
Ministry of Non-conventional Energy Sources
New Delhi
India