OT: Energy statistics on the web

Dear TRNSYS users,

Fernando Varela Diez recently posted a question about available energy statistics for the European Union. To my surprise, he found out that most of the EU publications in this field are now available for (free) download. Here is the link, together with 2 other interesting website for energy statistics. This is a little bit out of topic but I thought some of you might be interested.

EU (European Union) Directorate General Energy and Transport
http://europa.eu.int/comm/dgs/energy_transport/figures/index_en.htm

The website offers for download many EU publications that deal with statistical analyses or projections in the field of energy and transport.

IEA - Selected Energy Statistics
--------------------------------
http://www.iea.org/statist/

Website of the Energy Statistics Division of the IEA, with information on energy products, transformation, consumption, prices and taxes as well as on gaseous emissions.

US-DOE (Department Of Energy) - EIA (Energy Information Administration)
http://www.eia.doe.gov/

This website gives access to official energy statistics from the U.S. government. The statistics cover the whole world (with obviously more details for the US), and can be easily searched (by fuel, by geographical location, by sector, etc.)

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert@engr.wisc.edu