Re: Type 557 of TESS

Quoting valentin trillat berdal <valentin.trillat-berdal@etu.univ-savoie.fr>:

> HI !
>
> I use trnsys 15 and I have just installed the TESS librairy. I have a
> problem ( or a question) with the type 557 (vertical U-tubes) : can I enter
> the number of U-tubes ground heat exchanger somewhere ? Indeed, in my
> application the boreholes are composed of 2 U-tubes and not only one.
>
> Thanks,
> valentin TRILLAT

Hi Valentin,

I am not familiar with the type numbers of the TESS library. But if this is
the model that was originally made by Göran Hellström then you have to set
this value with parameter 11 Rp to -1 if you want a single U-tube in the
borehole (which means that now it should be set to -2). But it also depends on
how you calculate the thermal resistance.

I hope this helps a little bit, you should find these things in the type
description.

Good luck

Rainer Tepe
BfWT Büro für Wärmetechnik