Building simulation

Dear TRNSYS Users,

Recently I started working on the TRNSYS simulation of a six-floor building.

For the preparation of the type56 input files I use SIMCAD.

I have made the drawing of the building without using the

“MASK CALCULATION” option for the windows.

Now I assign to each window its ID number and orientation number.

However, in every floor above ground floor there exist about 40 windows.

It’s very hard work to give the “MASK ID” number and orientation for

every window for all 5 floors. Can I do it in a more systematic way?

Is there a better way to employ mask calculation for such big buildings?

best regards

Olympia

Dipl.-Ing. Olympia Zogou

Laboratory of Thermodynamics & Thermal Engines

Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering

University of Thessaly

Pedion Areos, 383 34 Volos, Greece

Tel. (+3024210) 74013, Fax (+3024210) 74096,

E-mail: olyz@uth.gr

http://www.mie.uth.gr/labs/ltte/info/info.htm