Re: Diesel engine generator in TRNSYS

Title: Re: Diesel engine generator in TRNSYS
Hello Dr. Ibanez,

As a part of a wind-diesel simulation completed in 1996, I developed a TYPE 90 DIESEL ENGINE simulation, as well as a TYPE 92 DIESEL DISPATCHER multi-diesel dispatching controller. I recall that the diesel engine type had an output called Qout, that gave the waste heat from the generator, based on the net of the electrical output and the energy content of the fuel. Because the purpose of the simulation was to characterize the control and performance of the combined electric system, the waste heat was not described any further (e.g., temp, etc.). However, you can probably write equations that make use of Qout to develop a more sophisticated model.

Pat Quinlan

Dear TRNSYS group,

We are developing a project where a diesel engine generator with heat recovery is needed.
Do you know any TRNSYS type where heat recovery from the diesel generator is included?

Kind regards,
Manuel Ibanez

Dr. Manuel IBÁÑEZ
Universitat de Lleida